Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ped GI update



"I can finally eat my toes!"


Kaden's appointment with the pediatric GI went pretty well. I was excited about going but dreading going to see another doctor at the same time. The doctor was really nice and understanding of our situation. She is a mom of 2 year old twins, one who had reflux and was very understanding about my desire to medicate Kaden as little as possible. I was also worried about Kaden having to be hospitalized and scoped (ph probe) but she said she does that as a last resort (thank goodness!) She seemed confident that this should be a fairly easy fix for Kaden. The plan of action for the next 2 weeks is to give him Prevacid 2 X a day (he was only taking it once before) and I am also going on a special diet. It's a pretty tough diet but I am willing to do ANYTHING to get this resolved! No wheat, dairy, soy, citrus, nuts....it goes on. Basically I can eat meat, potatoes, rice, beans and veggies! Luckily I can still have sugar (For those that know me, I would most likely die without sugar!) After the 2 weeks is up, if he is doing better than we will take him off the Prevacid and just stick with the diet to see if it my diet or allergies that are causing the reflux. I am hoping this will be the case! Anyhow...the little man is ready to play but I will be sure to post an update on this! I am also looking for good recipes if anyone has any to share!! :)

1 comment:

Erika and Chris said...

That diet sucks! Trust me, I've been there, done that. So sorry you have to go thru it.

I ate a lot of chicken salads, with lots of salad dressing. The fat from the dressing kept me full longer.

Call me for ideas. I'm sleep deprived at the moment. Michael is also up every 2 hours, and I know it's his tummy too. We're waiting to see if more solid food will do the trick.

XOXO