Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Finally getting some zzzz's!

So I have a ton of pics to upload from this month but we are visiting my mom so I will try to get them up when I get back. Just wanted to give a quick update on Kaden's GI issues. After the second day of giving him Prevacid twice a day and me going on the special diet.....he took a 2 hour nap!! It was AMAZING!! I know some of you may be thinking "Why is she so excited about a measely 2 hours?" Believe me...2 hours is just miraculous after him waking every 30 minutes. I don't know if it is the meds or the diet or a combination of both but it seems to be working. He is sleeping sooo much better through the night. No more arching or wriggling in pain. It brings so much peace to my heart to see him finally in a state of deep sleep. As for me...this diet is killin' me! No ice cream or frozen yogurt in the summer!?? At least I can have sorbet.:) I actually lost 8 lbs in a week! It has been a challenge to make meals that don't contain dairy, wheat, egg, soy, citrus etc. (Thanks Ky and mom for trying to feed me and being creative with food!) I am waiting to hear back from the doc to see how long this will go and if I can try taking Kaden off the meds and then maybe start introducing foods back into my diet. That is my hope anyway!

So...our little guy is growing so much and his personality continues to grow as well. He was getting a tooth in last time I blogged and then the next day I looked and not only was he getting a tooth in...he was getting in 4 all at the same time! Kyle joked and said Kaden's motto is "Go big or go home!" I have a feeling he is going to keep us on our toes! I will try to get a pic up soon of his big boy smile!

No comments: