



Here are just a few pictures to share from the past few weeks. Kolton and Kaden have both grown so much. Mimi, Papa and Aunt Brookie are coming for a few days to visit. Fun! Kolton has his cardiology appt. tomorrow so I will try to keep you all updated with that. We are all doing well for the most part. Kolton has been having some tummy troubles the last couple of weeks. We have had some sleepless nights and heartache watching him squirm in pain. My worst nightmare after all we have gone through with Kaden!! I spoke with the doc and he said to try him on Prevacid and after 4 or 5 days we should know if it is reflux if it seems to help. That was the protocol for Kaden too but after that, visits to the pediatric GI, the chiropracter, the elimination diet....etc....we still never really seemed to know what was going on. After about a year and a half he finally got better. I have been going nuts trying to figure this out. I remember with Kaden wondering if maybe my milk was just like poison to him or something but everyone reassured me that this was not true (besides having an allergy to something I had been eating) I did some research about milk, reflux, etc. and I came across this site
http://www.llli.org/FAQ/oversupply.html which totally describes me. If you don't want to check out the site, basically it is about having too much milk, foremilk, etc and how it can make babies fussy, etc. Anyhow....I have decided to go with my gut and try to better "manage" my overabundant milk supply and nursing. So far it has been hit and miss but Kolton's tummy has been a little bit better. I wish that he could talk and just tell me what was wrong! :) I feel like with preemies there are so many issues that often times we have to second guess if it is a normal issue or a preemie issue. Anyhow....enough rambling for now!

No comments:
Post a Comment