
We saw the pediatrician this week and Kolton is up to 6 lbs! He had his circumcision which seemed to go OK. He also had his iron levels checked and he is about the same so at least it hasn't gone down. He has to have 2 bottles a day (iron supplement mixed with breastmilk) and he has a hard time keeping it down. I don't even know how he drinks it at all. It smells and tastes horrible! I just hope his anemia will be short-lived so he doesn't have to endure the nasty bottles anymore! He has been having some tummy troubles....usually at night where he is arching, screaming and appears uncomfortable but nothing like Kaden had. It makes me so sad to remember how much pain that little guy went through and I am just glad that Kolton seems to be at peace a bit more. The doctor also discovered that Kolton has an umbilical hernia (in his belly button). He said that he shouldn't need surgery or anything and that in a couple of years it should disappear. He will just have an "outie" in the meantime!
We are all doing well for the most part. I really miss sleep but guess I am used to not having it so this time around the sleep deprivation is not making as crazy (other people might tell you different!) I don't think I ever updated about this a while back but back in March or April the docs thought that Kaden was having seizures. After a lot of tests (MRI's, EEGs, etc) they couldn't find any "true" seizure activity but he was diagnosed with a sleeping disorder. He is on 2 meds to help him and it has definitley improved but lately things have been a challenge again. Anyhow....trying to manage 2 children who are up every couple of hours or more has been rough but I am just trying to take things one day at a time. If I happen to lose my mind at least you will all know why! :)

1 comment:
Yes, sleep is a good thing. I hope you get some SOON! Poor Kaden. Im glad the meds seem to be helping. Kolton is a 6 pounder! Wow. Hope I get to meet him soon. We need to have a girls dinner. You have to eat, right? Pick a night next week. Let's do it! love and hugs
Post a Comment