Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Welcome Baby Kolton!!!


So.....here I am after a long time of not blogging to let you all know that our newest addition, Kolton Craig arrived on Wednesday, September 8th at 8:15 p.m. weighing 4lbs. 5 oz. and 15.7 inches long. And yes....unexpectedly we have welcomed another preemie into this world(of course we knew this was a possibility having a previous premature delivery but were extremely hopeful that we would get to at least 34 weeks). To make a very long story short, I had received excellent prenatal care and was seeing both my OBGYN and a perinatologist weekly for close monitoring. We had taken all the possible steps one could take to prevent a premature birth. I had been on bed rest 6 weeks prior to delivery, recieving Progesterone shots weekly since 14 weeks, taking meds to prevent and stop contractions, etc. I had been feeling pretty good overall and had hope that this time things would be different. On Tuesday evening, Sept. 7th I started feeling sick with a cold or flu. My instict also told me that "something just wasn't right." I was up all night and thought of heading to the hospital but waited it out until the next morning when I had an appt. with my doctor. When I saw my doctor my blood pressure was through the roof and they also detected protein in my urine which determined that I had Preclampsia. He sent me over to the hospital for some tests and while there, I started having contractions. They soon became more intense and as things went with Kaden, the next thing I knew I was in the operating room praying that this little angel would be OK. Kyle was out of town and made it to hospital in time to be there to welcome his son into the world!! Thank goodness!
My hope is that I will be able to get on here once in a while to keep you all updated on Kolton's progress. It might be more of a challenge this time with Mr. Kaden along with all the craziness and chaos of having a NICU baby but I will do my best!

No comments: